R. L. Fishburn

“Infobox building”
name R. L. Fishburn and Sons
native_name
native_name_lang
former_names
alternate_names
status
image 2013_99_104.jpg
image_alt
image_size 300px
caption
map_type
map_alt
map_caption
relief
altitude
building_type
architectural_style
structural_system
cost
ren_cost
client
owner
current_tenants
landlord
location
address 106 S. Main
location_town Brigham City
location_country
iso_region
coordinates_display
coordinates_format
latitude
longitude
latd
latm
lats
latNS
longd
longm
longs
longEW
coordinates 41.507799, -112.016088
groundbreaking_date
start_date
completion_date
opened_date 1894
inauguration_date
closing_date 1931
renovation_date
demolition_date
destruction_date
height
architectural
tip
antenna_spire
roof
top_floor
observatory
other_dimensions
floor_count
floor_area
seating_type
seating_capacity
elevator_count
grounds_area
architect
architecture_firm
structural_engineer
services_engineer
civil_engineer
other_designers
quantity_surveyor
main_contractor
awards
designations
ren_architect
ren_firm
ren_str_engineer
ren_serv_engineer
ren_civ_engineer
ren_oth_designers
ren_qty_surveyor
ren_awards
rooms
parking
url
embedded
references

After ::R. L. Fishburn opened his music company in the spring of 1890, the first piano was purchased by James Pett in June, and in the next ten days four pianos and five organs were sold. R. L. Fishburn and Sons, a mercantile business, was started March 1, 1892, one-half block north of the Court House. In the spring of 1894 they purchased the two-story Rosenbaum Hall at 1st South and Main Street, remodeled it, and moved their business there in July 1894. Fishburn brought in performers and encouraged home talent, holding concerts in his store and elsewhere to promote musical interests, as well as the sale of instruments.Forsgren, p 93, and Kotter, p 17.

Notes


Historic American Buildings Survey Roxy Theater (previously Fisburn’s)
Search Brigham City Museum Collections
: Places

Add comment

Most popular

Most discussed