W. R. Merrell

One of the hospital’s shareholders was Dr. W. R. Merrell, a native of Brigham City who returned in 1931 to open a practice upstairs in the First National Bank building at Main and Forest, where he bought out well-respected Dr. L.D. Mahanna’s practice.
He moved his office quarters into the lower level of Cooley Memorial Hospital upon its completion, and continued practice in surgery and obstetrics from that location for almost 40 years. Dr. Merrell was known as “the baby doctor” and delivered and cared for thousands of babies over three generations, up until a few months before his death in 1970.

Notes

Search Brigham City Museum Collections

Summary
Name
Dr. W. R. Merrell

1 comment