|name||Lorenzo W. Anderson|
|office||Mayor of Brigham City|
|term_start||January 4, 1932|
|term_end||January 2, 1934|
|predecessor||James E. Halverson|
|successor||J. Wesley Horsley|
During Lorenzo Anderson’s term as Mayor, he secured an adequate water supply for Brigham City. Because of a recent typhoid epidemic, he also worked to ensure that the city drinking water was pure. Interested in promoting worthwhile activities for children, he appropriated $15 for dog races and a ski tournament and $150 for costumes for a historical pageant presented by school children. He obtained permission from the Adjutant General for local boys to use the armory for basketball and approved the installations of a screen at the south end of the city ballpark.
To provide work for those in need during the Depression, the Mayor and City Council agreed to employ temporary laborers for 30 cents an hour. Mayor Anderson was invited to speak at an unveiling of a monument at Call’s Fort on June 16, 1933. Other guests at the event were LDS Church President Heber J. Grant and Utah’s Governor Henry Blood.
Anderson did not drive a car because he had been in an automobile accident in California. Although the family owned a car, he walked to work or wherever he needed to go. Consequently, he was in excellent physical condition.