Black and white photo that shows the Co-op Store, parts of Main Street, and more of the town
Picture of the MIA Library

MIA Library

Home reading had been promoted in the community since the Sunday School presidency’s 1870 creation of a library of books for children. That practice continued within the four LDS ward schools, which each had a small...

Business After The Co-op

As the Brigham City Mercantile and Manufacturing Association, known as the Co-op, gradually closed its business and manufacturing operations, they were sold to private owners, often to individuals who had originally...