Black and white photo that shows the Co-op Store, parts of Main Street, and more of the town
Picture of the MIA Library

MIA Library

Home reading had been promoted in the community since the Sunday School presidency’s 1870 creation of a library of books for children. That practice continued within the four LDS ward schools, which each had a small...

Ice and Ice Cream

Prior to electric refrigerators, ice was an important commodity, and the “south pond” between 600 and 800 West on Forest Street (Watkins Park) was the best local source. The Watkins family delivered ice to local homes...