Black and white photo that shows the Co-op Store, parts of Main Street, and more of the town
Picture of the MIA Library

MIA Library

Home reading had been promoted in the community since the Sunday School presidency’s 1870 creation of a library of books for children. That practice continued within the four LDS ward schools, which each had a small...

Lumber and Hardware Stores

Charles Squires and John Forsgren, both of whom had been apprentices in the Co-op cabinet shop, were among the first to open a private business on Main Street, a two-room frame building located on the northeast corner...