Tailors

Tailor Ola Stohl, who managed the Co-op clothing and tailor department, was called on a mission in 1879, at which time several of the tailors who worked for him went into business for themselves. Among them was H. C. Christiansen, who opened a tailor shop on West Forest Street in 1879, later moving to Main Street locations where he supervised tailoring for over 20 years. He also sold goods in throughout Utah, Idaho, and Nevada, providing work for about 25 employees.1Lydia Walker Forsgren, History of Box Elder County, (Brigham City: Daughters of Utah Pioneers, 1937), 79.

Notes

Search Brigham City Museum Collections

Add comment

Most popular

Most discussed